Friday, November 16, 2012

Orange you glad it's Friday?

I'm on a bit of a blogging blitz, so for those of you who comment so faithfully, please know I'll understand if you take a bit of a break from my world :)  These are for a blog meme I've just discovered called Orange You Glad It's Friday.  If you have photos with a little or a lot of orange in them, you may want to contribute.

Here are my contributions.  All of the pictures were taken in the past couple of weeks.

This was a plant that had seen better days in front of a marine store on Granville Island.  I thought it looked like an amazing sculpture.  
 Here's a close-up of a couple of the leaves.
 This chick-a-dee in David Lam Park was very busy storing up a good supply of food.
This is the top of a structure by The Roundhouse that I've shown before. Considering that the structure itself is quite ugly, it is amazing to me that parts of it continue to fascinate me.
 This plant has fascinated me for a couple of years.  It's across the street in David Lam Park as well, and I'm a bit ashamed to confess that I still haven't identified it.
 These flowers and the pumpkin to follow were in a garden on a small street..
near Stanley Park.
 This blanket of needles was under a tree in Stanley Park.
 I saw this tree as I walked along a path on the way to Beaver Lake.
 Along the same path, I found more evidence that decay can be stunning.
 This little water fall was just before Beaver Lake.
 And, my last shot is of Mallards in Beaver Lake.
Thank you so much for stopping by.  I'd love to see some of the orange in your world too.

12 comments:

  1. a beautiful collection. really like the chickadee and that furry, hairy plant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bear With Me...Nice group of shots♫♪ Happy weekend♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos ... I love them all, especially the great leaves. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chickadee, the waterfall and the duck with the leaves in the water are such beautiful pics! Sorry I lost contact with you -but now I'm going to put you on my blog list! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some very lovely photos here. I especially like that wispy plant. I want one! Thanks so much for your recent visit to my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That frilly and curly plant should be named Curly Sue. Ha!

    An interesting and eclectic mix of photos. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ThaT plant looks like a clematis. I have a few of them and the seed heads look just those. I've always had a special place for clematis and the seed heads just add to the fascination!
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carol, I love the first two shots of the Hosta plants in decay, looks like a sculpture of bronze/copper.

    I am really glad it was Friday and you posted all these beautiful photos! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful views of the color orange from your neighborhood! Thanks for stopping by at mine.

    ReplyDelete