Tuesday, December 23, 2008

tree lamp light

Just a few pics from yesterday.  I took all of these just before sunset, near the corner of Vine and West Broadway,  

Blue sky, snow and a branch that made me think of a lamp.  
Light behind a tree branch.
Heart shaped branches and blue sky.
A lamp in the Higher Grounds coffee shop.  I usually sit, if I'm alone in any coffee shop, on a stool looking out the window.  I can read, sip, and feel the shop's atmosphere from inside and out.
As I looked out the window, I saw the reflections of the lamp I had just photographed, and a star decoration.
A closer shot of the lamp's reflection.  Bill saw a mask here.  I love to look at my photographs through his eyes. 
We went to the Chan last night for a concert of six cantatas.  Although I've been involved with music for most of my life, I've never listened to more than one cantata at a sitting, ever.  Fate takes strange turns of event, that Bill, a non-musician, would have such a musical family.  Little Oscar was there.  It's mind boggling to me that he's not quite a month old, but has already attended four concerts and several rehearsals.  His parents, Glenys (Bill's niece) and Paul were both performing.  A beautiful concert - I enjoyed it more and more as the evening went on.  I'm not sure if the musicians were gelling as they performed, or if my ears were picking up finer details as they settled into the music.  Whatever the reason, it was a lovely conclusion to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment