Sunday, November 16, 2008

Big Hearted Help, Cormorant Ballet, Crow Visit

First things first: If you check out the link below, it will take you to a heartwarming story.  It's about a lady who couldn't say "no" and now she could use a "yes" from some bighearted blog readers.  It wouldn't take much.  Just a little from each of us would make the difference.  The story begins with a pig named Penny.  A makeshift home has been set up in the carport, and although she looks quite snug under the blanket in the picture, she needs a better home.  To learn more about her story, go to the link below: 


The cormorant ballet happened on Friday.  It was a dull day, but I had a little extra time, which always feels like a gift.  As I biked along Beach Avenue, I noticed this cormorant, frozen in motion.  It looked for all the world like a dancer, holding a pose.  I stopped, begging it to remain still for just a few more moments.  Well, the pose changed, but each position expressed "all is well with my world" sentiments, and my day was made. 


Before I continued on my way, I was fortunate to be visited by two crows.  They accepted my offer of  Kali Wags healthy dog treats, and while they snacked, I checked them out at close range.



My memory begins somewhere around the age of two and a half, when I had a surgery on my eyes.  Unlike most kids, I loved my time in the hospital, so it was a positive first memory.  At that time, I was curious and appreciative of all animals, birds, insects, humans.  I guess you could say life.  Then, I found that the larger or more intelligent or more rare the species, the greater the attraction.  Lately, that has changed.  I am grateful for the privilege of each insight permitted me into the goings on in the lives of pets, wildlife and humans.  Every story takes up a warm spot somewhere in my heart/mind, where it lingers and is cherished.  At this moment, I thank Janice Gillet, her pigs, a cormorant and two crows.

3 comments:

  1. I like your photos, esp. the cormorant. Cool birds. We got evicted from the outdoor pool by 2nd narrows bridge one summer because a cormorant decided to swim in it. Apparently they can be a bit grouchy & after the lifeguards called a bunch of people, the verdict was to get everyone out until the bird decided to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by. That's a great story about the cormorant in the swimming pool:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your photos, esp. the cormorant. Cool birds. We got evicted from the outdoor pool by 2nd narrows bridge one summer because a cormorant decided to swim in it. Apparently they can be a bit grouchy & after the lifeguards called a bunch of people, the verdict was to get everyone out until the bird decided to leave.

    ReplyDelete