Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Autumn lingers

Today's ride along West Georgia was a stunner. I thought I detected a new maturity and richness in the colors.

Same scene, looking a bit more towards the mountains.

I always wonder what others think about this sculpture.
I don't hate it, but I can't find meaning in it.
I got back on the bike and continued on my way, only to dismount seconds later, because I couldn't pass by these trees by the entrance to the causeway.

Lost Lagoon, across the road from the above trees. I stood up on the cement barrier between the sidewalk and the park (not the one in the middle of the road:) Only way I could get high enough to avoid power lines in the picture.
Home again to a beautiful moon over my neighbor's shrubs (again). I love her garden to bits.

5 comments:

  1. How long does it take you to get home on a typical day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really varies, but if I don't stop (to take pictures, or have a latte, or meet Bill at the gym), it takes an hour, give or take 5 minutes. I work pretty late most days after school (typical music teacher) which is why you see shots after dark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fourth photo down - the dappled mix of colours on the tree reminds me of a Monet.

    The last shot is amazing - I have tried many times to capture the moon in the night sky but always seem to end up with just a little bright dot on a black page. So instead I just stand outside and gaze at the real thing. It was truly beautiful on Wednesday night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy,

    Thought I'd stop by and give your blog a look see, since I promised I would. Love all the photos you've taken. Had no idea you were into photography. I got into it a few years ago and it's a lot of fun!

    As you can see, I decided to create a blog myself.

    Looking forward to reading your future posts!

    Cheers!

    William Rubenstein

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Jean:) Lovely to get the feedback. Sometimes, I think standing and gazing at the real thing is just as, or perhaps even more, satisfying. I am completely hooked right now on trying to grab shots, so much so that it often seems a greedy endeavor. It's certainly great fun, and I can't seem to stop myself, so I will indulge myself for now, but I'm thinking some images resting solely in my mind wouldn't be a bad thing.

    William, thanks for stopping by AND leaving a comment! I just checked out your blog, and you are talented! And quick!! Do you have any idea how long it took me to do my first entry???

    ReplyDelete